The literal translation of this phrase is internal medicine, ie the field of medicine that deals with diseases of internal organs. It is a very broad concept and includes many other medical disciplines:
- Laboratory diagnostics - thanks to the equipment of our clinic, we are able to continuously examine a wide range of biochemical, hematological or hormonal blood parameters throughout the day within 15-30 minutes. We have diagnostics that reliably identify a large number of serious bacterial and viral diseases in a short time.
- Respiratory diseases - diseases of the respiratory system (from the nostrils to the lungs) often overlap with heart diseases, allergies, but also seasonal infectious diseases. Therefore, we think that it is necessary to perceive this type of disease many times in the broader context of the problems that affect them for optimal treatment of patients. We have X-ray and endoscopic equipment for the diagnosis of these diseases and perform a variety of surgical procedures on the respiratory system.
- Gastroenterology - diseases of the digestive system are among the most common health problems of dogs and cats. The cause is not always a secretly eaten bacon after Sunday grilling, but it is usually found that these are very serious disorders and diseases in which the diagnosis is a difficult and long-term process. We have X-ray and endoscopic equipment for the diagnosis of these diseases, we perform many laboratory blood tests directly at the clinic and we have extensive experience with various surgical procedures on the digestive system.
- Endocrinology - Despite the fact that this field of veterinary medicine is still in its infancy in our country, in developed countries it has been counting for several decades in the strong field of Internal Medicine. Endocrine diseases (e.g., diabetes), thyroid disease, and the like are typical. Today, we can already provide such patients with a high standard of care with a significant prolongation and quality of life.
- Dermatology - After diseases of the digestive system, skin diseases are the second most common problem with which owners of dogs, cats and small rodents seek the help of a veterinarian. Both in humans and in animals, these diseases are often characterized by a protracted course requiring a lot of patience and mutual cooperation between the dermatologist and the pet owner. With our rational approach and thorough diagnostics, we offer our clients the minimization of the "trial and error" treatment, which as a result does not lead to the satisfaction of either party.
- Nephrology / Urology - Renal problems are a common cause of carnivore disease in old age (but not only). As the availability of dialysis for such patients is minimal and kidney transplants are more of a scientific topic at several prominent university workplaces overseas, we are ready and able to provide the necessary consultations based on thorough knowledge and experience associated with the high complexity of the problem. Thanks to the provision of a long-term hospitalization service, we have the opportunity to gain extensive experience in the treatment of such patients. We routinely diagnose all important laboratory parameters of blood (including SDMA!) And urine (including protein: creatinine in urine ratio), which allows us to immediately determine the severity of the disease and the optimal therapeutic plan.